Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Favorite Things: Makeover Segments

Fans of The Jill Dobson Show know that I've always been a big fan of makeovers. 
Tim Gunn gives the Harris sisters a makeover on The Revolution
Last weekend I talked about my ongoing effort to give myself a makeover, starting by losing the last of the baby svelteness, as I like to call it, that I gained during my recent pregnancy.
Last July I said, "My favorite thing in the world is a good makeover."
Last June I begged talk show producers to hire me to spearhead makeover segments.
And last May, I shared my talk show ideas with the world, including my desire to someday have something called a Six-Month Makeover on my own talk show. So imagine my surprise when I was undercut by one month, as ABC's The Revolution kicked off this year featuring a Five-Month Makeover each week. Hey, c'mon now!
It's like a certain scene out of There's Something About Mary...

Hitchhiker: You heard of this thing, the 8-Minute Abs?
Ted: Yeah, sure, 8-Minute Abs. Yeah, the exercise video. 

Hitchhiker: Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7... Minute... Abs. You walk into a video store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin' there, there's 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man? 
Ted: I would go for the 7. 
Hitchhiker: Bingo, man, bingo. 7-Minute Abs. And we guarantee just as good a workout as the 8-minute folk. 
Ted: That's - that's good. That's good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 6-Minute Abs. Then you're in trouble, huh? 

Well, it looks like I'm in trouble. Because Tim Gunn, Jennifer Ashton and the gang have inspired some amazing makeovers on The Revolution
Meantime, my talk show still exists merely in blog form. Sigh.
----
Follow Jill on Twitter: @JillDobson
Or at www.Facebook.com/JillDobson

1 comment: