Sunday, February 12, 2012

5K Success!

I did it! I ran 5K!
As I may have mentioned once or twice, I had a baby in October. In December, I eased back into running by doing the Couch to 5K program. The goal: To train for and run a 5K (3.1 miles) in about two months.
Well, it's been two months, and...
I did it! 
Over the weekend, I ran a full 5K in 30:02... not quite my personal best of 20:46 from my high school and college cross-country days, but I'll take it!
Jill Dobson looks EXACTLY like this when running
My planned post-baby makeover is underway!
All the running, along with lots of baby-feeding,* has helped put a big dent in the baby weight.
Next up: More running, a new 'do, and some new threads... and I do NOT mean Mom Jeans!


*Am I immature because I'm too shy to say "breast-feeding?" Why doesn't anyone say "nursing" anymore? Move over, Justin Timberlake... I'm bringing nursing back! 

4 comments:

  1. So funny, Jill!! I am inspired to do a 5K! I will check out the Couch to 5K info. I am hoping to get back to my Miss Michigan days sometime this year!! LOL!! Great job!!

    Melissa Coleman Wrubel

    ReplyDelete
  2. 20:46 holy crap girl that's crazy talk! Great job on the post baby5k congratulations! Thats amazing! You're kicking some butt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom or not, you are hot! I know this is inappropriate but it's still true.

    ReplyDelete