Friday, January 27, 2012

Host Chat: Lullabies and Playdates

Right now I'm playing Jewel's Lullaby album for my baby, Shane. I'm trying to ease him into naptime. As we listen to the album, I can't help thinking how much better off Jewel's son, Kase, is, than my little guy. Kase gets to hear the soothing songs straight from the source! Poor Shane has the kind of Mommy whose voice is so un-Jewel-like, she lip-syncs "Happy Birthday" at parties and hopes no one will notice!
Jewel and her cutie, Kase, at age 4 months
Credit: Whosay.com/Jewel
I love Jewel - she has the most beautiful voice, her lyrics are truly touching and her breakthrough album, Pieces of You, was part of the soundtrack to my college years, so I'm flooded with happy memories whenever I hear her voice. Now that we have sons who are close in age and we're both outrageously famous, you think she'd ever agree to meet up for a playdate?
Jewel, if you're reading this, come on over! Shane and I get up early, so we can make it a coffee date. I'll even make breakfast. I went grocery shopping and everything, so I got my eggs, I got my pancakes too. I got my maple syrup, everything but you...

2 comments:

  1. I also loved when
    Jewel hosted that music reality competition show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has another (newer) children 's album that I also want to check out!

    ReplyDelete