Friday, November 18, 2011

An Open Letter to Regis Philbin

Mary Ann Dobson, Kelly Ripa, Steve Dobson and
Best Friends Forever Regis Philbin and Jill Dobson
August 2010
Dear Regis, 
I just watched Katie Couric's special, Regis Philbin: The Morning Maestro. The interview, and the fact that your final day on Live with Regis and Kelly is upon us, has me in tears.
Perhaps that's not saying much -- as a sleep-deprived new mom I'm always on the brink of an emotional breakdown. But I think this time the tears are because I don't yet know where I can see more of you. Until you announce your next project, viewers like me are left in a Regis-free limbo, and we're not happy about it. What's next -- will Oprah retire from her talk show?! 
Look, Reege, my newborn son is wonderful, but I need adult companionship, too. And who wants to go out in the rain and interact with actual people when I can laugh along with my TV friends from the comfort of my living room? That's why I need you to announce your next talk-show endeavor as soon as possible.
Also, please remember that, thanks to our mutual friend, Hollywood Super Agent Jim Ornstein, you and I have met several times. Once, when I was in the audience of Live, you even called me funny... in front of millions of TV viewers. It was one of my greatest moments ever. In case I haven't mentioned it, I think you're funny, too.
So, please, for the sake of all your fans, head on over to NBC or Nick at Nite or NFL Network or wherever you'd like, right now! And get a great sidekick. We viewers want to see you paired with a fun, blonde new mom who cracks you up. Got any ideas?
Until we meet again... Godspeed, Reege. Godspeed.
Sincerely,
Jill Dobson

3 comments:

  1. I'll definitely be tuning in to see what Regis does next. I love him! He's such a huge talent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun blonde new mom... hmmm... I have an idea of someone. And she even has TV experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture Jill! Congrats to the new mom and dad! I'm sure your family is over the moon!

    ReplyDelete