Wednesday, June 15, 2011

An Open Letter to Katie Couric



Couric on The View.  Please make room on your couch for me!
In my open letter to Katie Couric (below), I ask her to make room for me on her upcoming talk show. After all, we have plenty in common:
----- ----- ----- ----- ----- 
Dear Katie, I once interviewed you on the red pink carpet at the premiere of the Sex and the City movie.  I was the one with a FOX mic, a fuchsia dress and a big smile.  Remember me?  I looked just like this:
Our interview was brief, but upbeat, as you told cameraman Tommy Chiu and me that you loved the Sex and the City series, and couldn't wait to see the movie.  You and I hit it off, and I'm sure our great rapport would continue on the set of your upcoming talk show. Perhaps you're considering a The View-like panel for your talk show?  If so, maybe this soon-to-be Mom... from the Midwest... would appeal to the viewers at home. 
Or maybe you want someone to spearhead occasional makeover segments, like Lawrence Zarian does on Live with Regis and Kelly -- I could do that!  I lovvvve a good makeover, and I know just the experts to round up for the job!  (Off the top of my head, these pals come to mind... Makeup: Kristofer Buckle, Hair: Oscar Blandi, Wardrobe: Hitha Prabhakar). 
If you want to include fun celebrity scoop, I could dish with you, like my friend Dawn Yanek does on The Wendy Williams Show.  I know, I know, you want to talk about intelligent topics, but there's nothing wrong with a fun Hollywood roundup on the occasional Friday, is there? Ask your partner-in-talk Jeff Zucker.  I'll bet he'll agree with me.  As you've said, Zucker "knows the sweet spot of when people are talking about a particular subject."  And sometimes that subject is Angelina Jolie.  I'm just sayin'. * 
I've been working toward this dream for a very long time, and I'd play any role on your show.  I'll be the Lisa Ling to your Oprah, the Gretta to your Rachael, or, if comes down to it, I'll make fool of myself for you, on TV and at the local Starbucks, just like Dennis Quaid on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.  If you haven't seen this video yet, Katie, you must watch it now!  As you watch, remember, I'm happy to be the Quaid to your DeGeneres.  And if that isn't dedication, I don't know what is!
Thanks for your consideration... my agent awaits your call!
Sincerely,
Jill Dobson a.k.a. The Dobson to your Couric


Don't forget, Jolie was your co-star in the 2004 film Shark Tale.  You're not going to forget the "little people," like Angelina, now that you're a big talk show host... right?

2 comments:

  1. I think Katie Couric's talk show is going to be a huge hit. America loves to see her smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! That Dennis Quaid video is hilarious! You should totally do that on Katie's show!

    ReplyDelete