Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Host Chat: Wedding Dress Obsessed

Welcome to another edition of Host Chat.  Just as Regis shares exciting stories from his life each morning, I share my latest tales of hobnobbing, hijinks, and more often than not, humiliation!
Maybe it's the beautiful photos from Niecy Nash's recent wedding (above), or Sherri Shepherd's frequent tweets about her upcoming wedding, or leftover royal wedding fever, or nostalgia for the pre-pregnancy days when I had a waist... but lately I'm obsessed with wedding dresses.  Obsessed!  I stop and linger outside wedding stores, peruse wedding magazines at the newsstand, and find myself dismayed that, unlike every other summer of my life, I don't even have one upcoming wedding to look forward to!  How'd that happen?
Another possible reason why I'm dress obsessed: I recently celebrated five years of marriage to my husband, Hollywood Super Agent Jim Ornstein.  I'd always planned to slip back into my wedding dress for one of my major anniversaries.  (My mom wore her wedding dress to her 25th anniversary party, which was fabulous.)  Since Jim and I are expecting a baby later this year (and, let's be honest, I've spent the past 5 years eating way too much pizza), there was no way I'd fit into my dress for this anniversary.  
With Mary Ann Dobson,
Mother of the Bride, on my wedding day.

The upside, of course, is that we'll soon have a new little family member... and I'll have an even better shot at getting my dream gig as a talk show host!  After all, viewers love hearing about Sherri Shepherd's and Elisabeth Hasselbeck's kids on The View.  (Right, Bill Geddie?) And if The Talk ever needs another mom on the panel, maybe now I'll have a shot at it!  (Right, Sara Gilbert?)
So, Mr. Geddie and Ms. Gilbert, please add me to your roster of potential fill-in hosts right away!  I promise I'll come armed with hilarious stories about celebrity encounters at my prenatal classes, the ridiculous lengths my husband and I went to to hide the pregnancy during the early months, and how we just might one-up all the celebrities in Hollywood with the craziest of baby names.  (Kal-Mowgli, anyone?)

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! You looked beautiful in that wedding photo (and I'm sure you look beautiful now, even without a waist)!

    And you would definitely be a great guest host on both The View and The Talk! I can't wait to hear baby stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rachel, for tuning in to The Jill Dobson Show, and for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete