Monday, September 19, 2011

Host Chat: Baby Shower Edition

I've spent the last few weeks in full nesting mode. Sure, I'm having a baby later this year... but my real motivation wasn't the due date, it was my recent NYC baby shower! The shower was held at my home, which meant I had the perfect opportunity to show off the baby room.... IF I could just get it finished in time. Which meant taking a Facebook freeze, Twitter timeout and Blogging blackout. (Did you miss me?) Any time I spent online was at sites like Etsy and Serena and Lily, looking for inspiration! I'll show photos in a later post (once the kid is born and signs a waiver granting permission for his/her room to be shared publicly). In the meantime, here's a look at a nursery that's pretty similar to my soothing space:
Jill Dobson's perfect nursery is
similar to this Serena & Lily room
I ordered so much stuff in such a short amount of time, I'm sure my credit card company thought my card had been hijacked. In fact, I actually called the Customer Care line to inform them it was just me doing all that shopping, not a thief with a penchant for Pottery Barn Kids! I felt compelled to do this after the Frozen Credit Card of 2010 event. Over the holidays last year, the credit card company froze my account after I did two very suspicious things -- purchased men's clothes and made a donation to a charity. I can just see the fraud department guy sounding the alarm, saying, "Jill Dobson doesn't shop for other people!  And she sure as heck doesn't do anything for the needy! This is a clear case of identity theft!" Yeah, dude, Robin Hood stole my credit card. And bought himself a shirt at Penguin.
Although the baby room is done, I'm still picking up items for the baby-to-be. Which means I'm shopping for someone besides myself. But don't worry... I haven't assisted any underprivileged people today. After all, I wouldn't want to disorient the credit card company too much! 
Plus, I'm #StillATerriblePerson as my nemesis on @BillShulz will probably tweet as soon as he reads this. That guy loves it when I blog about home decor and/or fashion! He just loves it!

2 comments:

  1. I love a peaceful room. Too many princess posters and model airplanes stress me out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually called my Credit Card Customer Care Line to tell them it was me doing all that shopping, not a thief with a penchant for Pottery Barn Kids!

    ------

    Love it! Glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete