Monday, June 6, 2011

Host Chat: Jill's Big News

Welcome to another edition of Host Chat.  Just as Regis shares stories from his exciting life each morning on his talk show, I share my latest tales of hobnobbing, hijinks, and more often than not, humiliation!
6/3/11: Special Red Eye edition of "Baby Bump Show & Tell"
I had an exciting weekend!  I made a big announcement in the early hours of Friday morning.  I was a guest on Red Eye, and at the end of the show, I took a quick moment to tell my fellow panelists and viewers everywhere some news: "With a little help from my husband, I have the hot new Hollywood accessory-- a baby bump!"
I expect the news to end up on the cover of Us Weekly and all the industry blogs immediately!  In the meantime, I'm getting tons of funny and encouraging reactions from people on Twitter, including these comments:
@KevTracy: Just please don't name him or her Kal-El* or Bronx Mowgli**
@FrankR_08: Hope he or she is a healthy future red carpet reporter
@TheKennedySmith [paraphrasing Red Eye host Greg Gutfeld]: Congratulations on gettin' fat!  (I kid. Congratulations, really.)
@NickiLaLa13: Tonight's RedEye was hysterical. And congrats to Jill Dobson!!
@bubbacrzy: When we said we want 'more Dobson' we didn't mean more belly. You take things too literally!


Thanks to the all the cyber comments, we've already decided to name the baby Kal-Mowgli.  And yes, we'll get little K-M working the red carpet and the Hollywood junket scene by age 4.  (That's how prodigies are made, you know!)  Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go wait by my mailbox for all my weekly celebrity magazines to arrive... gotta see how many covers feature me rather than boring old Angelina Jolie this month!


*As in Nick Cage's son
*As in Ashlee Simpson's son
Photo credit: www.highdefnewscaps.blogspot.com 

Special Thanks to: Hollywood Super Agent Jim Ornstein (also known as the father-to-be)!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jill! Just imagine the horror you will feel is 20 years when you have to tell everyone that you made your first baby announcement on Red Eye!!!

    Ok, actually I think it was the coolest move in the world! You can be sure that no one has ever done it that way :-)

    Bill
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments, Bill from Virginia! Glad you're doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO exciting! Congratulations! Definitely the best Hollywood accessory to have!

    ReplyDelete