Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Talk Show Hopeful: Jill Dobson

Welcome to another edition of Talk Show Hopeful: Jill Dobson, where I share the latest ups and downs in my lifelong quest to become a Talk Show Host.
Serving as guest host on Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld.
Check out my next Red Eye appearance, early Friday morning!
In a decade of working in front of the camera, I've covered murders, riots, literal trainwrecks, figurative trainwrecks, the Academy Awards and much, much more.  Along the way, as fans of The Jill Dobson Show will tell you, I've determined that my ultimate dream career would be to someday host (or, better yet, co-host) a talk show. 
Here and there, I've gotten a taste of what it would feel like to be the next Oprah, or Ellen or Rachael.  I've thoroughly enjoyed being a guest on several talk shows that are now, sadly, defunct, including The Montel Williams Show.*  I once co-hosted a talk show pilot, which, sadly, never made it on the air.**  The closest I've come to my dream is serving as fill-in host of Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld, which I absolutely loved doing.  (Other than having to work with my nemesis, Bill Schulz, of course!)  
While others get their adrenaline rush from skydiving and skiing, I get mine from that little red light that indicates, "We're LIVE!"  I've especially loved interacting with a live studio audience, or the next-best thing, the fans at home who emailed in to the web-based talk show I hosted for a couple years, Strategy Room.
If I had my own talk show today, I'd be chatting with my co-host about the Roger Clemens trial, my efforts (and failures) to get jury duty while everyone else in America seems to be trying to avoid it, the reported cancellation of Eliot Spitzer's show, and which Oscar winner just named her baby boy Alex Alef Aleph.  There's so much to discuss... and so little airtime!
The good news for me?  I'm returning to the talk show format later this week, at least for an hour.  Catch me on Red Eye this Friday morning (3-4am Eastern) on FNC with Greg Gutfeld and the gang!  It's sure to be a scandalously good time.  And who knows, maybe a network exec or two will tune in and think, "This girl should have her own show!"  Hey, if Eliot Spitzer can get a show....

----
*You don't think it's my fault that Montel, Keith Ablow and Mike & Juliet all went off the air shortly after my guest appearances, do you?  You do?!!  Oh, no!  I hope ABC President Ben Sherwood and his counterparts at NBC and CBS don't think that!
**One of my fellow hosts: Supermodel Carol Alt.  Guess which one of us ate mayo-filled tuna sandwiches during our lunch breaks, and which one had raw vegetables?

3 comments:

  1. Greg, Andy and Bill do such a good job on Red Eye! I'll be tuning in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy you on RedEye. You are very talented. Hope you do get your own show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look so hot tonight, nice necklace...

    ReplyDelete