Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Birth Announcement: Elle Summer

I have big news to share!
My husband and I welcomed a brand new baby girl into the family this summer!

Since this is our second child, I've followed tradition and upheld every second child cliche out there. I haven't written anything in the baby book. I've taken more than a month to share this birth announcement. And I seem to be losing the baby weight much more slowly this time around. Awesome. I bet Kate Middleton has already lost all her baby weight. Kim Kardashian, too. Thanks, ladies.
But back to my sweet baby girl. Her name is Elle (we love the one-syllable names in our family: Jim... Jill... Shane... you get the picture). We might be biased, but we think she's as charming as Elle Woods, as captivating as Elle Macpherson and fascinating enough to land the cover of Elle magazine. But of course, her first cover will be either People or Vanity Fair...it's family tradition.

5 comments:

  1. A boy and a girl - what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now it's time to run off the baby weight. The goal: A half-marathon by the end of the year. It's a post-baby tradition: http://thejilldobsonshow.blogspot.com/2012/05/host-chat-half-marathon-moments.html Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very happy for you, again.

    I'm loath to recommend him, but it's possible Bill Schulz has a starvation diet that might help you with the baby weight. Just don't let him watch the kids, he might sell them for smokes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Rob and I are a little slow on the current events :) Take Care, The Bairs Rob, Angela and Andrea

    ReplyDelete