Monday, October 10, 2011

Talk Show Turmoil: I'm caught between Ripa and Rosie

Should I tune into Rosie O'Donnell's talk show premiere tonight? I try to be a loyal gal... and I've spent some time personally with 3 people who've been publicly blasted by Rosie: Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Donald Trump, and Kelly Ripa. Elisabeth has always been completely genuine and wonderful to me; Donald has given me several interviews, plus I've had some great opportunities in life as a result of competing in his Miss USA pageant; and Kelly once gave me a front-row ticket to see Madonna perform at Madison Square Garden. And I love Madonna. 
Jill Dobson and Kelly Ripa front row at a Madonna concert
In fact, during one song, Madonna looked me right in the eye and gave a little nod that I interpreted to mean, "Yeah, I know you. You interviewed me once, right? You're from Michigan, too, aren't you?" We shared a moment, I tell you. But I digress...
So, my question for you, dear viewer of The Jill Dobson Show, is this: Is it disloyal to tune in to Rosie's big premiere tonight? Because I'm intrigued. One thing about Rosie, she's never boring. And I love a talk show more than anything. Getting a talk show of my OWN* is my life goal, you know. So yeah, I'm reaching for the remote right now. You should do the same. Let's watch together!
Rosie O'Donnell on the set of "The Rosie Show"
-------
*See how I slyly referenced OWN, the Oprah Winfrey Network? That's where Rosie's show airs, starting tonight at 7pm. And also where perhaps the fledging Jill Dobson Show will someday get some airtime. A girl can dream, right Oprah? 


5 comments:

  1. Hmm. Indeed a sticky widget. How about this: it would be irresponsible of you as a journalist to not watch it. How can you report on something you haven't seen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the moral dilemma at hand! But I'm tuning in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Rosie is usually "never boring" as you said, but yet she somehow managed it last night. I only made it through half the show before she and guest Russell Brand had me yawning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you think of the show?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you watch the show? BTW has anyone ever told you that you look like a younger version of Kelly Ripa?

    ReplyDelete