Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fashion Fix

Welcome to Fashion Fix!  The ladies of The View share their fashion scoop on their website daily.  I, too, share my TV-worthy looks, but only on the days I manage to get out of my pajamas!
Captured by paparazzi outside Dan Tana's 
Time for another amazing dinner at my favorite West Hollywood eatery, Dan Tana's.  The restaurant claims, accurately, that it's "always fully packed with customers rubbing elbows with Hollywood elite."  Last time I was here, it was a few days after the 2010 Oscars and I ran into actor Jeremy Renner.  I congratulated him for his nomination for "The Hurt Locker," and the film's Best Picture Win.  After that A-list run-in, who might I encounter his time around?  Maybe some hotshot TV executives looking for a fun co-host for the talk show they're developing!  That's why I cracked out my lucky shoes.  I bought these when I auditioned for the co-host gig at Dancing with the Stars, back when Samantha Harris left the show.  The audition went so well, I got a callback!  (Nice work, lucky shoes!)  My second time around, I actually did a short on-camera bit with Tom Bergeron on the actual DWTS soundstage.  It was so exciting to be in the running for such an amazing job!  Can you imagine co-hosting a show that's often the top rated program on TV?!  At my callback, Bergeron was hilarious, and so friendly to me.  He immediately put me at ease, and helped me have another strong audition.  In the end, the producers told me they decided to go with "a name,"* and they gave the job to the significantly more famous (and more accomplished, and more gorgeous) Brooke Burke.  I can't argue with their decision!  
As for me, it truly was an honor just to be considered.**  Every time I wear my lucky shoes, I think about DWTS... and I wonder what other amazing opportunities might be just around the corner.

FASHION FIX
Dress: Graham & Spencer (from their maternity line)
Bag: Marc Jacobs gray shoulder bag with bird detail
Shoes: Jimmy Choo snakeskin platform peep toe pump


*If only I had a nickel (or an on-air gig!) for every time I've heard that
**Probaby the same thing Renner said to me, outside Dan Tana's last year

2 comments:

  1. I'll be watching every episode! Catch you on Red Eye, you're always great. Sense of humor. Smart. Of course, be.au.ti.ful. Best of luck always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you had gotten DWTS! You'd be SUCH a great host!

    ReplyDelete