Thursday, June 9, 2011

Casting Call: Anna Kendrick

Welcome to another edition of Casting Call: Jill's Search for the Perfect Co-Host!  With each Casting Call, I advocate for someone I'd love as my future talk show co-host.  Eventually, the viewers (and the network executives) will make the final call.
Will Anna (right) yuk it up like this with me someday?
Photo source: Zimbio
Anna Kendrick would be just perfect as the co-host of my (still theoretical) talk show, even though she's busy being a wildly successful movie star! She's an Oscar nominee (for her role in Up in the Air) and a Tony nominee (for her role in High Society on Broadway).  She's also been in scores of other movies, including some little known indy films you probably haven't heard of... called the Twilight series.  Ring any bells?
I learned of her when I hosted Strategy Room for FoxNews.com, and frequent guest Ryan Brockington always raved about her.  He kept telling me, and our viewers, that we needed to see Up in the Air immediately.  I saw it and I agreed with Ryan, as did The Academy, which promptly handed out nominations to Kendrick, George Clooney, Vera Farmiga, and director Jason Reitman. 
As talented as Anna is at making scripts come alive, I find her even more charming when she's off-script.  That's why I'd love to co-host a talk show with her.  She's a funny, funny girl and she's always so engaging.  I love when she's herself, both on-camera and on Twitter, where she describes herself in the following way:
"Pale, awkward and very very small.  Form an orderly queue, gents."
She's not only self-deprecating, she's also patient, even when journalists ask her the same questions again and again, like, "How does it feel working with hotties like Rob Pattinson and George Clooney?"  To which she once told the ladies of The View, "It's like having a really hot cousin and everybody talks about wanting to sleep with your cousin and you're like, dude, don't say that to me."  
Speaking of The View, maybe Kendrick isn't such a longshot to be my co-host.  If Oscar, Emmy, Tony and Grammy winner (whew!) Whoopi Goldberg can find fulfillment in the talk show world, perhaps Kendrick can, too.  And, as an added bonus, the network executives would be very happy to have one of the co-hosts of The Jill Dobson Show* be "a name," something I very clearly am not (see previous post).  With Kendrick on board, the network might finally greenlight my talk show.  And with her humor and warm personality, along with our certain on-air chemistry, the show is likely to stay on the air for many, many [new] moons.**




*Anna, call me to discuss a new show title.  I'll even give you top billing!  (Take that, Clooney!)
**Yes, that was a reference to a little indy film called The Twilight Saga: New Moon

1 comment:

  1. "Pale, awkward and very very small. Form an orderly queue, gents." Best self description ever.

    ReplyDelete