Monday, May 23, 2011

Dances with DeGeneres

My friend Lisa was in the audience at today's The Ellen DeGeneres Show. When Ellen started off her show with her daily dance, she danced right up to Lisa.  I even saw Ellen look directly into Lisa's eyes and impart some talk show host magic on her!  I was so jealous excited, I almost dropped my Oreo cookies carrot sticks.  
Ellen dancing with Gaga (not my friend Lisa)








Years before Ellen's talk show hit the airwaves, I had a great idea.*  Someday I would have a show, perhaps titled The Jill Dobson Show, and I would start it each day with one of my enthusiastic (if not terribly coordinated) dances.  It would be a fun and kind of silly way to engage the audience.  



Lisa Gilbar in the audience at Ellen
I also decided that after I started my own talk show, I would then start my own magazine with fashion and beauty tips along with uplifting articles about reaching one's dreams. Clearly, Oprah beat me to the punch on that one.  (As did Rosie.)  
And I planned an awesome segment called the Six-Month Makeover.  In it, viewers would get the usual new look from hairstylists, makeup artists and fashion stylists, BUT they'd also have six months to get toned, visit the dentist and do some other long-term improvements.  As you can imagine, I'll be watching Monday's premiere of Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition with both interest and a sense of urgency... I've got to get my own talk show STAT -- before all my ideas end up on TV!
Listen up, dear viewers of The Jill Dobson Show: If you see a TV host going around trying the newest Hollywood workout alongside Chelsea Handler one week and Elisabeth Hasselbeck the next (and aforementioned host is hilariously out of breath because she's struggling to keep up, while also simultaneously trying to interview Chelsea/Elisabeth)... you'll know I've been beaten the the punch... again!  

----- ----- ----- ----- 

*You'll have to take my word on this, since I don't have legal documentation to prove it.  But I'm a very honest gal.  I'll even admit that, despite my best intention, my afternoon snack was much more chocolately and carb-filled than it should have been.  I'll also admit that my abs look nothing like Elisabeth Hasselbeck's.  (Hmmm, I wonder if those two things are related?)

1 comment:

  1. And here is the "talk show magic" that Ellen imparted on me..."Your friend Jill Dobson should have her own talk show! Do whatever you can to make sure that happens! Oh, and I'll allow her to dance a little on her show as long as she doesn't steal my moves." A lot can be said with a look.

    ReplyDelete