Monday, August 22, 2011

Magazine Monday: The LUCKY Questionnaire

Lucky magazine gave September cover girl Jessica Alba a fall fashion questionnaire. Here's how wannabe cover girl Jill Dobson would've filled in the same blanks.
Jill Dobson's Lucky questionnaire:
1. The one thing I'm buying for fall is the September issue of every single fashion magazine in exisistence! I'm expecting a baby, so I can't fit into any of the fall clothes, but I can still drool over them!

Jill Dobson (right) with Carmen Electra
Alice + Olivia runway show

2. Alice + Olivia always put on a great runway show. Not only are the clothes fun and chic, but the celebrity turnout makes for great people watching! 
3. My favorite fall fragrance: Someday, by Justin Bieber. (Just making sure you're paying attention!)
4. You can't go wrong wearing knee-high boots in the fall.
5. If I had to wear only one designer for the rest of my life, I'd wear: Diane Von Furstenberg.
6. If I had to live in one pair of shoes from now until Christmas, it would be Chloe's Buckled-Strap Flat Boots.
7. I splurge on shoes and I save on shoes. (I go all out for the perfect pair, but I don't do it often!)
8. One fall trend I'm dying to try is a cropped leather jacket over an ultra-feminine dress. Jessica Alba nailed the tough-yet-sweet combo in this photo.
9. The one fall trend that kind of scares me is tights. I refuse to ever wear any kind of tights, nylons, pantyhose, you name it! My motto is: bare legs or bust! Which is why I find it incredibly ironic that a YouTube video titled "Jill Dobson tan pantyhose" has gotten nearly 3,500 hits. I'd never wear tan pantyhose! My legs look tan because they don't get the same SPF 50 treatment as my face... not because I've covered them in nylon, a la Queen Elizabeth!
10. My favorite flower: I'm a fan of pink flowers, whether they're roses or peonies or tulips. I think this is something I actually do have in common with Queen Elizabeth!
11. To all the expectant mothers out there, my most valuable piece of advice is try prenatal yoga classes. A great way to retain your ability to reach your feet (which comes in handy when it's time to put on shoes)! 
12. Once I'm out of maternity clothes, I'm heading straight to new mom Courtney Friel's giant, color-coded walk-in closet to borrow some of her maternity wear!
13. I hate wearing jeans on camera. I'm convinced the camera doesn't add 10 pounds, the jeans do. While shooting a pilot recently, I was forced to wear casual jeans, long-sleeved tees and flats(!) on camera. The entire week of shooting, my outfit felt more appropriate for going on a hayride than for hosting a TV show.
14: My fall cocktail: I'm pregnant, so it's an ice cold glass of milk!
15. As soon as the weather cools down I'm going to be eating apples galore! Where's the nearest orchard? And, most importantly, do they offer hayrides?
16. When a reporter says I'm "not wearing makeup," I'm actually wearing no makeup. I was once featured in a Bobbi Brown before-and-after segment and I went on camera with zero makeup. The bravest thing I've ever done? Yeah, probably. 
Jill Dobson at her happiest: NOT wearing jeans,
NOT wearing nylons, and NOT NOT wearing makeup.

1 comment:

  1. Justin Bieber's perfume!!! Queen Elizabeth's stockings!!! Hayrides galore!!!

    So much fun!

    ReplyDelete