Thursday, April 26, 2012

Where There's Smoke... There's Crying!

My smoke alarm seems scheduled to do the shriekingly loud "replace my battery" beep precisely every six months. It went off at 1:23am one night in late October. And again at 1:23am last night. 
Can't it ever go off at 1 in the afternoon? Because when it happens in the middle of the night, not only does it cause my husband and I to leap into action, but this also happens:
Photo source: Google images
That sudden noise makes my six-month-old son as sad as Bill Schulz was this afternoon when it rained on his cardboard box. And while Bill's sadness is funny, my baby's tears keep me up at night. And there's nothing funny about that.


--------
Follow Jill on Twitter: @JillDobson
Or at www.Pinterest.com/JillDobson
Or at www.Facebook.com/JillDobson

1 comment: