Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Host Chat: The Brandi Chastain of Parenting

The baby spit up and the burp rag is missing? My old Giants tee will do the job! Here honey, catch!

I'm the Brandi Chastain of parenting. When things get intense, I whip my shirt off. (And use it to clean up the mess, stat!)
After all, it's easy for me to change into a new shirt. But if I don't clean up the spit up fast enough, it soaks the baby's sweater and onesie.
So I have to take them off. But first, I have to take off his pants to unsnap the onesie.
Then I have to pick out a whole new outfit for him, down to the matching socks and a bib. (Ah, a bib. Maybe he should've been wearing one of those to begin with. Then neither of us would've lost our shirts).
And that's why deliverymen, houseguests and any telescope-wielding neighbors have seen way too much of me lately. And, unfortunately for everyone, my abs look nothing like Chastain's. But my baby and his little sweater? They look perfect.

----
Follow Jill on Twitter: @JillDobson
Or at www.Facebook.com/JillDobson

4 comments:

  1. Ah, parenthood! The babies always come first, don't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giants T-Shirts... not just for Super Bowl Sunday anymore! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Telescope-weilding neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're at step one. Soon you'll be catching handfuls of anything that comes up because it's waaaayyy easier to wash your hands than anything it could land on. Double handful of puke at a restaurant is enough to make the sturdiest waiter turn tail and run.
    Love your writing Jill. I get to re-live all of my baby days. The best part is the things that made me break down crying when they happened to me, make me laugh uncontrollably when they happen to you.

    ReplyDelete