Saturday, May 5, 2012

Host Chat: This Bib's For Me!

Today I picked up a different bib than the kind I usually buy. This one wasn't terry cloth. It didn't have the name "Shane" embroidered on the front. It wasn't even baby blue! Instead, it looked like this:




That, my friends, is my race bib for my first-ever HALF MARATHON this weekend. I vowed right here that I would do a 13.1 mile race when my son was six months old.
For the past 10 weeks, Hollywood Super Agent Jim Ornstein and I have been in serious training mode. My beloved high school cross-country coach, Mr. P., would be so proud! Jim aims to finish the race in a respectable time. I'm just aiming to finish it. And, really, let's be honest: This was really about losing the baby weight more than anything else! I've achieved one goal: I'm back in my pre-Mom jeans. Now, can I go the distance and complete tomorrow's 13.1 mile trek? Tune in Sunday night for the (hopefully not too) gory details!

--------
Follow Jill on Twitter: @JillDobson
Or at www.Pinterest.com/JillDobson
Or at www.Facebook.com/JillDobson

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a challenge, but a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bib! Also good for eating lobster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Jill! I started the couch to 5K last month......I completed one....day. Shin splints and blisters are not for me. I'm like that poster of the gal all dresses for the gym, the look of anquish on her face...she says "I didn't make it to the gym today...that makes 5 years in a row"

    ReplyDelete